Friday, July 17, 2009

Finally…A Place to Rest Our Weary Dogs (in this case human feet)

living roomWe finally decided it was time to buy some living room furniture.  Although we really liked the large echo-y type feeling of a giant empty room up front, it looks really unlived in (especially from the street through the picture window in front) and felt even more so.  Nice to finally feel like our house is now coming together to our home. 

 

mollas The mollas are up on the opposite wall.  Some from ES’s father, one from my parents, one from my aunt, and one from an unsuspecting flea market seller who labeled the frame “colorful creatures.”  When I told him what it was, he thought it was pretty interesting these were once part of people’s clothes (or at least designed to be).  Plus I think he would have likely asked quiet a bit more for it.   Finders keepers…..

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Nice Photos!
Can I come out this summer?

RAB said...

Of course! You're always welcome! (:

Terry said...

Guys, do you have a large enough living room to accommodate Mom's rug? Rachel, it was a large, hand-woven Ecuadorian rug in tones of soft moss greens, taupe, and off-white. If you see my boring movie that I sent of Mom's last Christmas when she was still up and around, you will see the rug. Right now, Pat and Patricia have it stored in their home, and it is wrapped up in plastic with no place to go. If Pat is willing to part with it, I think it would look nice in your place.