Monday, January 12, 2009

Engaged!

Think two people and not “Star Trek,” not that there’s anything wrong with “Star Trek,”  The movie “Trekkies” had me laughing so hard…I digress….A and I threw and engagement party for our friend H and her fiancee M.  They are getting married in February and this would be a low-key way for everyone to meet H’s M.  What started out as a Costco run ended up being enough food to feed 100+. 

Turns out I am more of my mother that I realize.  We had food, more food, and even more food as guests also brought some.  It was nice however, that there was a good variety of things for everyone.  Some of our friends have special dietary needs and we had plenty for them as well.

The night was a hit!  We had a little jazz in the background playing.  This was actually the mixed playlist E had put together for our engagement party 3+ years ago in Albuquerque.  Funny how things work out.

Food and drink were flowing and people mingled and visited.  Even the kids had a great time – all thanks to the Wii.  A brought her controllers over and between the two of us and a Mario Kart game, we were able to keep them all entertained.  One of the parents even said that the kids loved the layout since they could run circles around the house from the living, to the dining, to the kitchen and back again.  I was glad the kids didn’t die of boredom at the party.

You know how your greatest fear is that someone will come to the party in your dress….well it was the reverse.  Someone came who was wearing the same sweater as E.  It was too funny!   They kept saying if only you’d phoned ahead, I would have changed. 

I forgot how much I enjoy having people over.  Now that we actually have a space to do it, I think we’ll have a nice spring and/or summer BBQ.  Can’t wait for spring.

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

How fun! I always claim that the single thing my MIL has taught me is how to cook for an army. Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the party it was a lot of fun and really great! You two are the greatest.