Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Top Chef Alert

Ok fellow TCers....It's been 2 weeks but it seems a lot longer since saw our favorite chefs cooking. Last episode was a "touchy feely" one where the judged pretended to have some "Christmas spirit" and didn't tell anyone to pack it up. This week times running out for 2 unlucky ones.

I have to say now that it's been a few months into the show, I am surprised by my lack of any sorta of "I can't stand this personistis." Although they all seem like competent cooks, this season lacks any of the spice (ok - yes bad pun) of prior seasons. Where's the guy with the hat from last season (who opened a restaurant and D.C. and has already been given bad press -- shocker). You know, the inspiration for the "Culinary B****r" T-shirt. Although he was annoying, he kept the show interesting. Then there was Stephanie, last season's winner. Every one's favorite -- and she had the votes too! You had a someone you could root for. The women this season just don't seem as strong or as interesting. The men seem rather blah. Maybe it's the editing and that they just aren't capturing anything as interesting. Perhaps it's just that I had too high a hopes. Then again, it's reality TV. Guess it's just what's "real."

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

I am with you. First off last night when we started watching I had halfway forgotten who everyone was. A number of episodes into the season and a 2 week break and very few people are standing out? Bad sign.

Everyone (on the show) seems to think Stephan is annoying - but not a lot of that is coming through in the episodes - though the preview for next week showed something different.

Hans and I were talking about it this morning and couldn't remember prior names and so he resorted to catch phrases, "you know the guy, the 'I'm not your bitch bitch' guy..."

RAB said...

Yes - and I loved the line..."This isn't "Top Scallop!"