Friday, August 7, 2009

Things that fall under the catagory of I just don't get it or did I really just over head this?

Things overheard-
Uttered recently at a Portland antiques show: How good can a hot dog at a gun show be?

Really??
I just don't get it...
My first thought when I heard this woman talking was...just how important is it. To put things in perspective, I was in a public restroom and all of the sudden this women just gets on the phone. She's planning some sort of party. I hear discussions of numbers, colors of favors, and flavors of cake. This all the while the normal "business" of the bathroom is going about around her. Have we really lost something when it comes to manners that we've come to the point that talking on the phone in a public restroom is just de rigeur. I think if I was caught in a flood the size of Noah's ark (and the door was blocked by some massive object), I'd make a call from a public bathroom. Till then my friends, rest assured you'll not get a potty call from me.

Enough of my kvetching.

1 comment:

Mike and Kris said...

Amen, sister! That just makes me crazy. Can you imagine being on the other side of that phone call hearing a gigantic flush.... or worse? How desensitized our society has become. Thanks for banning the potty call. I am with you on that one! Kris