Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Somber Realizations

Got a bit of good news tonight. Turns out the spots (there are now more) aren't growing. They are stable for now. This is something good. I think we could all use some good news about now.

Chemo starts next Tuesday, right after my mom and dad's last trip to the shore for awhile (at least several months). It sounds like 3 days of chemo followed by 3 weeks of recovery. This is repeated over the next four months. The next few months scare the devil out of me. I cannot even imagine what its doing for my dad.

We've also made plans to head to Albuquerque in June for a long weekend. ES' dad is not faring well and we want to make a trip down to see him. I know how hard this will be for ES. His father was this larger than life man. I remember all the stories ES used to tell. This is not the man I know, and this is really tough for ES to see. Although I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in June, I think this is going to be a very somber trip.

This is a summer that I won't soon forget.

No comments: