Friday, August 1, 2008

Last minutes signing and boxes (lots of boxes)

We're finally in! We had some additional papers to sign on Monday due to an error by the mortgage company. Our real estate agent and I drove around town getting E's signature and returning them to the appropriate place so the closing could go through as planned on Monday. I think we got it in at the 11th hour and finally got keys late Monday.

Friends came over and helped move a few fragile items and the fridge/freezer food, but most of the items were boxed up in the garage waiting for the movers. They came early Tuesday and got everything out of the old place and into the new. When we started moving boxes in, it started to get a bit more real. Still sinking in, but as we unpack more and more, reality starts to hit. It's nice to finally have space to unpack things. I opened boxes that hadn't been unpacked since E and I lived back East over 3 years ago.

The prior owners took great care of the place. So much so, that when we came to pick up the keys, the Mrs. was here watering the plants (she let us know we needed to water them 2x daily) and taken out the garbage so that we had an empty can when we moved in the following day. Nice, but I think perhaps they are having trouble letting go......Not having owned a house before, I can't know how it must feel for them.

My parents are here helping out with the cleaning and unpacking. My mom has been dusting and cleaning and helping get the kitchen unpacked. My dad has been tackling the garage. It's been a really big help.

We'll post photos once we find the connection to the camera. Seems to have been misplaced in a box somewhere.....

2 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

How fun!!

Congratulations you guys!

Terry said...

Yes, I know the feeling! It took me almost a year to actually believe that we had a house, and not the apartment. Luckily for us, the apartment had a LOT of closet space. When we moved, we were hauling things out of closets that we didn't know we had! I FINALLY opened up and stowed wedding gifts that we knew were there, but which we had never unboxed in 22 years of marriage! So, at long last, I unpacked and started using the Corningware Grab-Its that Adoree gave us, and ...

Enjoy it, you two!

BTW, somehow Richland rings a bell for me. Don't either Alan Abeyta or Lawrence live in that area?

Rob and I will come and inv- er, uh, visit you as soon as we can.

Love,
Tay