Friday, August 15, 2008

A Set of Firsts -- Dinner and Birthday (E and I) Parties

We had friends over last weekend for dinner. E cooked out on the grill. I have to admit I'm still a bit intimidated by the grill. It's run by natural gas and plugs directly into the house line. Thankfully E is happy to be the grill master so I turn it over to him. Excited to be trying out a more new recipes and bringing out the old ones -- anyone remember the shrimp, bousin, prosciutto and basil? Pure heaven.
He loves to putter in the yard. The tomatoes and the flower/ornamental grass beds have become his new hobby. He is usually out in the evenings watering and carefully maintaining the garden. He's already had to re-stake several of the tomato plants since we've moved in. Needless to say, we've got LOTS of tomatoes. I think I may make some sauce or blanch and freeze them. I don't want them to go to waste.



It was also E's birthday yesterday. I baked him homemade pizza with pineapple and Canadian bacon - his favorite. Amongst his presents were a new turntable (will also burn the LPs to MP3s) and an indoor/outdoor weather station. For those of you who know about E's Weather Channel fix (who else would know the names of anchors and that they have their own shows??), he was very excited. He was playing the records and enjoying ones he hadn't heard in years.

6 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Happy birthday you two!

Terry said...

Eric, what a wonderful smile! Happy birthday to the two of you.

BTW, canadian bacon and pineapple is also my favorite pizza.

esanch said...

the turntable is really cool. It rated high in Consumer Reports. I know that you and RJ were thinking of purchasing a turntable that would burn MP3s.

Terry said...

I found a really good turntable that gave great frequency response. When we were getting ready for Rob's party, I was able to play records and store them on my computer. Now that Rob and I know how to do it, we might burn some of our favorite selections to CD and keep the records as masters.

BTW, have you noticed any difference in the audio between analog and digital?

esanch said...

analog is warmer, better

Mike and Kris said...

Eric and Rachel - sorry we missed your birthdays! Glad you had fun. Love,
Kris and Mike