Monday, February 15, 2010

I love...

I am copying this from Nuclear Mom (who I think got this from Pioneer Woman...). Thanks for the great idea! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?? It's always good to remember what we love and are grateful for.

So in random order here are some of the things I love:

Sunday mornings with the Sunday New York Times Puzzle
The way ES looks at me in the morning (without makeup, a shower, and stinky breathe)
Ice cream from the Dairy Store at Cornell U
My itty kitty
America
Long chats with my friends who live thousands of miles away
Traveling to far and not so far away places
Being pampered
Vanilla lattes
Ireland
The smell of wet leaves in the fall after raking and while sipping hot cider
A cheeseburger from Blakes
The beach and the sound of the ocean
Playing with my nephews
Laughing so hard you can't breathe
Running stump the chump with ES while trying to quiz each other on movie lines
Foreign films
Seeing some of my favorite movies over and over
A grilled cheese and tomato soup on a cold day
A lazy afternoon sitting by the fire and reading a good book
Beachcombing and playing in the tidal pools
ES' goofy smile
Roadtrips
Peeps
Martha's Vineyard
Tapas
Long weekends
Collecting rocks along the beach
The New Yorker - esp. the cartoons and the Shouts and Murmurs section
Candy necklaces
Christmas lights
Green Chili
A lazy backstroke in the pool on a hot day
Santa Fe
Going to the Zoo
Opera
Lasting friendships
The thought there are always new places to explore
That I only have to visit a few more states to be able to say I've been to all 50 states
Blue crab sandwiches
Family
The National Gallery and the National Museum of American History
Jeans
Sushi
iPhone
Making travel plans
Taking pictures
My Tevas
LL Bean
Jazz
Going to the Kennedy Center
Meeting new friends
Playing Wii
Sharing my prior night's dream with ES and vise versa
Cheezy 80s music
Fireworks
Riding the ferry
The smell of the beach

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Ooh! Good list. I read yours thinking "I forgot that on mine!" I guess that's good... that there are so many things we enjoy that we can't possibly remember them all in one sitting.