Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spring cleaning...and pruning

The weather has been refreshingly, dare I say, warm this past February. We've been taking advantage of the warmer weather and have started to do a little cleaning and pruning.

It started with opening a few windows to "air out" the place. A little fresh air after a long winter of being cooped up! The warm(ish) air, the birds chirping, and....we started to get the cleaning/pruning "fever." It started with the linen closet. I'd been holding on to place mats and tablecloths I'd gotten as a graduate student and decided it was time to pass those on and start using more of the gifts we've been given when ES and I got married. It felt great to get rid of things. It created a snowball effect...I moved onto the pantry. Our kitchen pantry is more like a small closet. And not deep. I ran to 3B and got some organizational items/plastic stacking shelves....And spent the afternoon getting things in order. I even opened up the glass spice jars we got as a wedding present and put some of our spices into these. I even got out the labeler. Perhaps a little over the top, but now at least I know what I have (no more cans of soup hidden up and behind the baked beans) in my pantry....

ES took to pruning the trees and cleaning up the flower beds. The lilys look great (and are starting to sprout) and the Spanish broom got a major haircut. We'll need to get the grass mowed soon...Ah, I love the signs, smells, and sights of the soon to be spring.

No comments: